Sunday, December 8, 2013
I don't know what this week was like for you, but over here it was bright and cold. So cold! Okay, so not compared to Alberta. But seriously, that's why I don't live in Alberta.
- Ria at Strong Start. It was a quiet day and she had all the baby dolls to herself for once.
- Sunny helped me make biscuits. The whole time she was saying "I'm a Big Helper!!!"
- Did I mention that it was cold? Also, our windows are probably 100 years old. I'm not exaggerating.
- Big scarf weather!
- Christmas tree! We are real tree people. It's mostly covered in birds and ornaments my mom made when I was little. I love it.
- Cookie baking party at the church. My girls were the only kids there but they had a great time. Marlene showed them how to make chocolate Christmas mice and Ria was charmed.
- So cold, but the whole world sparkles and glows when the sun is out.
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Winter has arrived this week!
- They miss their daddy when he works nights all weekend.
- My gorgeous amaryllis. It's done now, but I was in love with it's dark red velvet tones.
- Sometimes she plays quietly.
- First snow that Sunny has been able to play in this year.
- Ria loves her dance class! I bought her a santa hat for her performance next week, and I caught her sleeping in it last night.
- The sparkly joy of Canadian Tire. All we bought was white lights and command hooks, but it's fun to look at everything.
- Early morning snow watching.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
- Playing piano at Jen's
- Playing in the freezing dripping rain. For a few minutes, anyway.
- The beautiful aspen grove by our house had to lose some trees, they were knocking out the power lines. Sad. The girls were very impressed with the big trucks and chainsaws!
- Posing for photos to get attention. It worked.
- Ria has a red panda toque! Best thing ever.
- Trembling aspen graveyard.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Apparently my younger child was more cooperative this week.
- Sunshine! We had a couple pretty warm days this week. I can't convince Sunny that it's a mouse on her toque, she's sure it's a cat.
- Waking up from nap time.
- Playing outside after swimming at the pool (we went outside anytime it wasn't cold and raining this week).
- Dress up!
- We went to Nelson with Jen to the craft fairs and ate at a super yummy taco place.
- Thanks for the new book Uncle Dan and Aunt Wendy!
- First snow! (she calls it "snose")
Sunday, November 10, 2013
It's still being all cold and drippy and November-like. We had bit of slushy snow one day, but that's all. Ria started dance lessons which was adorable. I wasn't supposed to be in there, so I decided not to be a creepy stalker with my camera from the door. Maybe next week.
- Hide and seek on our bed.
- I've been getting the garden ready for winter and found one last little strawberry.
- Post-nap cookie and snuggles.
- I want to get better at low-light photography. And this is the time of year to practice!
- Sunny got her first real hair cut. She did great and has the cutest little curly bob now. I also recut my bangs, I'll try and take better pictures next week.
- Piggy at the pet store!
- She always wants to hug him and he only tolerates it for a few seconds before running away or chomping her head. The irony isn't lost on those of us who know how much she hates being hugged.